I knew I was right!

There's a great article online at the Daily Mail today, to dispense health myths, health experts were asked to provide tips to healthier living.

This was, of course, my favourite part of the article!   I always knew there was a perfectly good reason why I like my stilettos.

ALWAYS WEAR HEELS

‘I practise what I preach and wear a small, wide heel whenever possible,’ says Simon Costain, of the Gait & Posture Centre in London.

‘Many people’s foot, leg and back problems are caused by wearing flat or no shoes at all.

‘A ½in to ¾in heel lifts, softens and takes the stress out of your knees and tendons, encouraging you to stand with straighter legs. Flip flops and flats induce a knock-kneed gait and transfer. 

There is also a great tip for working on the deep core muscles in your abdomen by standing on one leg whilst brushing your teeth - this is one mini-workout that i have to try!



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1267334/Shattering-health-myths-The-expert-advice-turning-received-wisdom-head.html#ixzz0lflU5HNu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week