The future's tangerine for Blackpool

This weekend has been momentous for Blackpool with a win at Wembley taking the football team into the premiership (or Division One as it used to be known) for the first time in over 30 years.  I'm not a huge football fan but I am interested in what this means for my home town.  Blackpool has a regeneration project that has seen the Golden Mile changed into a lovely promenade but there is still work to be done.

Here's hoping that the extension to the football, additional funding and new visitors to the town bring much needed money and opportunities for this town.  Whilst I can't see Harvey Nichols being built any time soon, I would be great to get some more shops on the high street and perhaps a couple of decent bars where I could enjoy a decent mojito.  What more could a girl ask for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week