Inner Domestic Goddess - where for art thou?

Currently, I feel lacking in the domestic goddess department.   This isn't helped by the fact that I am a great lover of creating 'To Do' lists and my list of 2010 New Years Resolutions include 'to be a domestic goddess', halfway down the list of 10 things that I wanted to achieve this year. 

I've got to admit this really isn't my fault, we are halfway through our hallway renovations and I simply have to make do with  flooring stored in my dining room, parts of skirting boards in the garden, not to mention half the contents of our under stairs storage  re-homed in the guest bedroom. With the electrician booked in for Friday and the painter (our good friend Lee) arriving tomorrow, its now time to choose a carpet and think about how I'm going to accessorise the hallway.  Once the work is completed, with the help of my lists I'm going to tackle getting the rest of the house back to normality and really work at being the domestic goddess that I know I can be.  I've started preparing myself already, I've just purchased a beautiful pink hydrangea plant (my favourite flower) to place on my patio and I plan to consult my cookery books and bake a batch of cupcakes for the Bank Holiday weekend.

 I must dash now, I can feel my inner goddess calling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week