Shopping at mum's boutique









My mum is 61 although you wouldn't believe it. Here she is, pictured with me on my hen night. I'm hoping that me and my sisters have inherited her youthful skin, but I definitely take after her with a love of shoes!


I've been reviewing my wardrobe lately and updating it with essentials but in a spendthrift way. Recently I did need to buy a new pair of jeans but resisted the lure of a linen pinstripe jacket. I thought about similar jackets I had back in my wardrobe that were already suitable, saving myself a couple of pounds too. But I still wanted some new additions to my wardrobe, I just did not want to spend money to acquire them.

I love vintage but my collection is limited to brooches and the occasional bag. Unfortunately, as mum is under 5' and a size 4 inheriting some of her wardrobe is definitely not a possibility. However, her accessory drawer is one size fits all!

So recently,  I've acquired some enamel earrings from the eighties that I remember my mum wearing on her nights out that are simply gorgeous. I think these are perfect for summer.










I've also grabbed some small tan satchels for a skinny jeans, jacket and coral shoe outfit I'm working on for a birthday meal (mum's 62nd) at a new Greek restaurant that's opened (will post the outfit once completed).  Now looking to the future, my niece,  little Miss O,  has started to develop her own style now so perhaps I can guide her along the way. Then one day she can inherit these family heirlooms and more from my own collection.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week