A cupcake a day chases the blues away



Today, I escaped the house renovations for a couple of hours for a catch-up with one of my best friends Jo. After a week of living in dust, dealing with bored two Jack Russells and being absolutely freezing due to cold weather, I was definitely in need of a a coffee and a cupcake!

Whilst we don't have the luxury of living in a city where you can pop to either the Hummingbird or Magnolia Bakeries (though just sometimes being a city girl would be fabulous), Blackpool does have a good cupcake cafe - cupcake -that fully satisfies our Carrie Bradshaw or Victory Ford cupcake cravings. I have to admit that I've got a slight addiction to cupcakes but try to limit myself to just an occasional visit to Cupcake. Freshly baked cupcakes are in a class of their own and shop-bought, over-produced cakes don't really cut the mustard, if you know what I mean!


As per usual, Vikki (owner and baker of Cupcake) did us proud with a variety of cupcakes to choose from. Today I went for a cookies and cream while Jo chose a Raspberry Ripple.



With cupcakes, lattes and cups of tea, we were able to catch up on the latest gossip from Greys Anatomy, True Blood, Flashforward as well as a discussion on essential holiday packing required for a trip to the states. Of course, a discussion on the election results was high on the agenda.

I could have stayed there all day but the call of the shops were hard to resist, although I only window-shopped on this occasion. Cupcake also gives cupcake decorating classes so I might have to indulge myself in a couple of lessons and awaken my inner domestic goddess!

Comments

Make Do Style said…
I have to say those cupcakes look the best - I'm coming to Blackpool!
CameronPoe2409 said…
The cupcakes are truly scrumptious! During our catch up, we were discussing your latest post on the Halston Heritage dress (gorgeous) and your future work with Angela Griffin (fantastic news) xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week