Almost there



Finally our hallway renovations are near completion, it might not look like much but just a few months ago we had a leaking, drab and dark hallway. Now its been replastered, new electrics installed, the woodwork been replaced and new hardwood flooring has been put in place. We've kept the colour scheme neutral to keep the space light and airy.  The new spotlights we've had installed on both floors have given it that 'Grand Designs' feel.  Its like we've had an extension added onto the hallway with the sense of space and light we now have.  To get our house (a 1930's 3-bed semi) to this standard has been really hard work, stressful and such a long time ,so its lovely to finally see such an achievement.

With thrift in mind, rather than splash out on new accessories for the hallway I'm going to search through my attic for stored away vintage finds to complement it.  I've been searching for the perfect spot for an antique chrome and pale blue clock and I think on top of my hallway cupboard will be the perfect place to house it. Hmmm, its just a pity I hadn't sourced an umbrella stand so perhaps I'd better add this to my Christmas list.




Comments

Make Do Style said…
Looks lovely, glad your hard work has paid off and try a carboot or charity shop for an umbrella stand - you never know xx
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thanks, I'll definitely have to start trawling the car boots and charity shops to see what I can find. My friend recently bought me a glass jelly mould from a charity shop which is really pretty so its definitely worth searching for some vintage finds. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week