Ending a weekend on a high

It sometimes amazes me how much you can achieve with so little. This weekend has been extremely hectic, I've helped move my sister and her two boys into their new home - furniture, clothes, etc with just two cars, a few people and lots of determination!  With my mum, sister, Aunt and good friend Linzi we put together furniture, unpacked boxes and navigated stairs with cumbersome beds.  I have to say that the star of the show was my nephew Thomas, at sixteen he is the 'little man' of the family (although nearly hitting 6', perhaps he's not so little anymore).  He's a bit of a maths genius and he seems to be able to apply this to putting together television cabinets or working out the right angles to get a bed base up a narrow staircase.  He handled himself well with the gaggle of women he had to work with!  My dad would have been very proud of him.  It was exhausting but rewarding work, providing my sister and the boys with a great new-beginning after the past few years of heartbreak and hardship. 

Sunday afternoon became my day of rest, I treated myself to a movie catch-up and watched The Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock. I've posted the trailer below.  Sandra received an Oscar for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy who takes on a homeless teenage African-American, Michael "Big Mike" Oher. Both Tuohy's family and 'Big Mike' benefit from this experience, with Mike fulfilling dreams that seemed impossible -to receive an education, succeed in American Football, to have the love of a family and be understood.  The film is uplifting, makes you believe in fulfilling dreams and that 'family' can be unconvential and still important.  If you haven't seen the film, I dare you to watch and not be moved!

Comments

Make Do Style said…
Gosh and I thought painting the petit garcon's room was a mammoth task!
CameronPoe2409 said…
I honestly can't believe we managed it! I'm still tired and decided that I never want to move house unless someone packs up my house and moves it for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week