What a wash out - the weekend part 2


From left, Linzi and Tara
VERY DELAYED POST DUE TO TECHICAL PROBLEMS IE I DIDNT PRESS PUBLISH!!
 I can't believe how busy I've been this week and I've had little access to Internet (meaning no blogging or viewing your lovely blogs). Why can't the British Premiership football matches be broadcast on BBC rather than having to have a near epic search for an Internet radio broadcast! 

So how was your weekend? Well for me it was Super Soccer Sunday that completed the weekend.  The wash-out could be referencing the weather or the football results, whichever way you want to view it.  Well lets start with the football, Liverpool lost against Manchester United, sadly my husband was very disappointed (I have abridged the full reaction to the result to save those of a nervous disposition). Then Blackpool played the Giants of the premiership, sadly losing the match.  It still feels amazing to know that Blackpool is playing these teams and doing quite well.  The atmosphere in the pub was electric, the tension indescribable. I am disappointed that there is still no sign of premier shops coming to Blackpool, I would quite happily settle for Nandos!

So the weather was rainy, I mean that's the polite way to term it; there were sporadic showers, light rain (you know, that soaks you through) or torrential rain, the equivalent to a mini-monsoon on the Blackpool streets.  I can dress for snow, sun, and windy weather, but I can never plan an outfit to combat the rain.  I also am one of those people whose hair resembles a scarecrows, once the rain and humidity kicks in.  Hence no photo of me enjoying Super Soccer Sunday (SSS), but I have posted a picture of my friend and one of my sisters who had no hair malfunctions during SSS. 

I know I should be prepared for this weather, to be honest it feels like we've been dressing for Autumn since about July!

I'm now coveting these grey shoe boots that Tara got  from M and;S, a bargain at £35. It's just a pity that she's a size 5!  This weekend, I will be packing away my sandals, wedges and flip flops and preparing for Autumn - have you started getting ready?






Comments

Sharon S said…
Hi there-yes, got ready with my wool cardis and faux fur gilets! have a good weekend!
Victoria said…
I've been preparing for autumn for like the last month, but I still haven't packed away my summer stuff so my room is just awash with clothes! eek!

I'm holding a giveaway over on my blog make sure you check it out http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend! xxx
CameronPoe2409 said…
Ladies I've just started to get down my 'winter boxes' from the Attic to dig out my winter stuff. I like this because I forget what I have stored there. Hope you are having a good weekend! xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week