Feeling inspired

Last year was the first time that I actually bought something I could wear from a charity shop.  I paid £4 for a pair black peep toe shoes that had never been worn and I use them as my summer go-to shoes for work.  Previously my purchases from charity shops was limited to brooches but I've been inspired by the My Style Blog to reconsider charity shops and car boot sales as an alternative choice to the high street, no VAT is an added bonus, while supporting a charity. 

My nearest shop is about 10 minutes up the road and supports a local hospice.  I've started to pop in on a regular basis to check for bargains.  This weekend I had my first successful purchase was this Marks and Spencers jumper (never worn and tags still attached)  helping me towards the Spring/Summer 2011 trend for stripes. 



I did also spot a Max Mara polka dot jacket for sale at £25 but sadly not my size but the fact I had recognised a quality jacket made me chuffed as I have been taking notice of all you lovely fashion bloggers advice!

Comments

Well done on the Jumper, Sharon is such an inspiration but I think few of us have the quality of charity shops near us that she has! To be honest I wouldn't have paid £25 for a jacket from a charity shop, some of them get a bit greedy.
Chantel said…
Thanks for your best wishes ;-) Keep up this excellent blog!
Sharon S said…
Hi my dear-thanks so much for the shout out and a big well done on your newest thrift find, the jumper will be perfect for summer, a very versatile and stylish piece!! Keep looking, you will start to separate the toot from the quality pieces and it will inspire you to thrift even more!! xx
CameronPoe2409 said…
Looking Fab - Thanks, I have noticed some charity shops have really upped their prices too, they could lose shoppers doing this.

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week