I just saw red


I really regret being hasty with chucking things out when I've no longer worn them; when I could have stored them away until a trend was re-vitalised or I rediscovered the love for whatever I'd packed away.  I had a pair of red wedges that I'd bought from Etam, a shop no longer on the British High Street - do you remember it? (Apparently Etam stood for Everything to attract men!).  After not wearing the shoes for a summer (typical British summer, probably rained for a change) I gave the away to a charity shop.  What I really should have done is boxed them up and waited.  Trends always come around again and wedges are a classic staple to a shoe collection . . . so what was I thinking when I gave these away!

So, for this year I wanted to get a pair of red wedges for the summer which I can promise I am not going to throw or give away!  After doing a little internet research, I bought these red wedges from Additions Direct. Perfect for wearing with my wide leg jeans and a white shirt I bought earlier this year.  I'm looking forward to the warmer weather so I can try these babies out!

It arrived in a box labelled 'designer' as I'd bought them from the Coleen Rooney range for Additions.  I'd bought the shoe for the style rather than whose name was on the shoe.  I'm not fully clued up on the celebrities versus designers debate so don't feel I can make an educated statement but I do wonder if talented designers are being overlooked or not getting opportunities as the draw of a celebrity endorsement is worth more sales.  Are we, the customer,then losing out on the opportunity to embrace new or established talent and see what they could design for business like Additions? Just a thought.

ready to wear
The heels are quite high (5") which means I'll be walking tall at 5' 7" rather than my usual five foot three!

signed by Coleen

it has a natural looking trim

I'm going to be getting high

Comments

I never knew Etam stood for that! Well I never. I love red and wedges so they're a winner for me.

Thank you so much for you lovely comments xx
Pearl Westwood said…
Ha haaa I never heard that about Etam before!!! The wedges are lovely, make sure you hold on to those!! x
Crystal said…
Love your new wedges!! I think a 5'' heel is the new 4'' heel. I just started hunting for a new pair of wedges online last night and everything is nearly 5'' -- which I love! Enjoy your new shoes. :)
Make Do Style said…
They are fab and don't worry some well paid in house designer did those and Coleen just sad yes!
xx
Love the wedges, I haven't checked out the Coleen range is it any good, I do love most of the stuff she wears to be honest.

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week