3d or not 3d, that is the question

My nephews Callum and Max recycle their 3d glasses
These past few weeks I've been lucky enough to indulge in some trips to the cinema to see the third Transformers movie in 3d and of course, Harry Potter:The Deathly Hallows part 2. I actually managed to see HP in both 2d and 3d within 24 hours; due to a friend having a spare ticket for the 3d showing, although I realise this does not make me any less of a geek than I really am.

I grew up in the eighties, when technology was still developing for 3d and it really wasn't a great success. Now over 20 years later, there seem to be many films being released in 3d and they can be an amazing experience, Quite literally, they can bring a film to life, I've now heard that they are looking into developing smell-ovision too, although whether this will be a great addition to the film experience will have be reviewed on the first release. The one thing I really enjoy is seeing my nephews and niece enjoy a great cinematic experience but what a difference a few decades makes to what I experienced at their age.


My childhood 3d cinema experience . . .


Today's 3d cinema experience . . .



Comments

Unknown said…
I love 3-D but think some films are made 3-D afterwards when they realise they've a clunker on their hands!
Thanks for your comments on my blog btw- really appreciate it. Sorry to hear you've had a hard time too x

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week