Did Mary do good?

La Wesley - my favourite


I'm sure the majority of you will know that Mary Portas has launched her clothes range, providing a 50s-friendly range for ladies.  Its been reported today that her collaboration with Clarks has reached an all time high with a reported 1,000 ladies waiting to buy the 'La Magdelene' shoes.  Buying these shoes is now limited to online sales but even now the sizes available are limited.  

La Contrary



I love Mary Portas, I find her style is inspiring, chic yet contemporary (I'm aiming for her style when I finally grow up) and I think she and Clark's have created a collection that will suit whatever occasion you're buying for, whether its boots, some comfy loafers or the foxy La Magdelene shoes.

There's 26 shoes in the collection and I love the fact that the styling is centring on colour-blocking, so it highlights that the trend transcends the age barriers (which is a good job because I'm hitting forty and have a drawer full of coloured tights to wear).  I did have a couple of problems accessing the site so I can only imagine that there were a lot of ladies trying to make an order tonight!

My personal favourites are the Gold leather La Wesley shoes, I only wish the heel was a little higher. What do you think of the collection or have you made a purchase?

La Magdelene



Comments

Please may I? said…
Loving the last pair.

X x
Sharon S said…
Hi my dear! Love Mary and her collection, she has done a fab pair of leopardprint kitten heel bootees too!! Hope you're well, have a great weekend xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week