And so, another year commences . . .

I can't say I've had a good Christmas, sadly we lost my lovely Father-in-Law over the holiday period.  He was the close relative that I mentioned in my earlier post.  Although he was very poorly, all the family managed to help provide 24-hour care at home.  This meant that he got to spend Christmas up till Boxing Day at home, before he became too ill to be cared for in this way.  I can't say it was easy and it still amazes me now, what we as a family managed to get in place so we could ensure he was home as he wished.  It also highlighted to me, what the true spirit of Christmas is . . . its about family, love and hope.  I cannot imagine what's it would be like going through this, if you didn't have family to support you. There were good days and there were bad days, where possible I'm trying to focus on the good.  One good day, meant that he sat up in a chair, had a good meal and put all his favourite songs on.  I've posted one of them here in his memory.  I hope you all enjoyed Christmas surrounded by your loved ones.

Comments

Vix said…
So sorry to hear about your loss. x
HazelxJoy said…
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Clare. It is so nice that you were able to keep your father-in-law at home for Christmas, it'll be a wonderful memory for you all to look back on.
All the best for 2012 x
CameronPoe2409 said…
Thank you for your kind messages xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week