Love your lungs

Usually I'm blogging about shoes,cupcakes and fun stuff, but this subject is close to my heart after losing my dad to lung cancer five years ago. Recently my best friend's father died of lung cancer too (both he and my dad were young men of around 60) and the current campaign to raise awareness of the signs of lung cancer are significant to both mine and my friend's family. The diagnosis of my dad's lung cancer came just weeks after he suffered a cough and sore throat for over three weeks. I know that not every persistent cough means that you may have cancer but how many people self-diagnosis themselves and self-medicate from the local chemist? We all need to love our lungs and be aware that sometimes ignoring that annoying cough could be the difference between life and death. There are some amazing treatments out there for cancer and getting an early diagnosis is vital. Apologies for the heavy subject matter. xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week