What I have been up to lately

Just chilling in the cool grass
To cut a long story shut, not a lot. I spent the Jubilee Weekend on the couch, watching the celebrations on the telly. It really was a moment in our history and it is strange to think that while I have been lucky enough to celebrate the silver, gold and diamond Jubilees, that our younger generation might not be that fortunate depending on who will succeed the Queen on the Throne. The way she has celebrated her diamond year, its hard to imagine anyone else doing a better job! Its such a pity that the weather was so terrible.

What is wrong with our 'not-so-great' British weather? A couple of weeks ago, it was so hot, my dogs didn't know what to do with themselves, finding a cool place out of the sun was a priority for them.


It was too hot to play hide and seek


On the one sunny day of the Jubilee Weekend, I went to the zoo with my mum and nephew. Blackpool Zoo has undergone a lot of changes since I'd last visited including a penguin exhibit.


My nephew Max and the penguins

I also got chance to go to the cinema and watch Avengers Assemble.  I'm a bit of a comic book/film geek and this was fab. I also discovered a new taste sensation - Cadbury's chocalate coated popcorn.  Its delicious!

So that was my week, I've not been up to much but have a number of shoe posts to do, so I will post soon. x

 

Comments

Please may I? said…
Sounds like a good week. Shame the weather had to be so rotten for the bank holiday but I think we all just made the best of it.

X x
JanandJill.com said…
This sounds like a fun relaxing weekend. I wish I watched more of the jubilee, sounds like a great time and your nephew is really cute

xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.com

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week