The hen do that wasn't a drag

Girls on film
This is a bit of a late posting, writing about a hen do from a couple of weeks ago, when the wedding is in just a few  hours away! But I wanted to share a few of the pictures that I managed to salvage from the day. Starting with a buffet at the Bride-to-Be's home, with a live DJ literally on the decking.  Everyone provided a bit towards the buffet, so I made my cupcakes, tried to make them a bit wild and girly, using so fabulous cup cake cases from Morrisons which were leopard print (grrr).  It was also bring a bottle so I brought a bag of ready made mojito in a bag [tres classy] from Home Bargains.  Its quite potent, but with some soda or lemonade and ice, its not a bad drink.

So after partying on the decking, we made our way to Funny Girls is a cabaret burlesques showbar in Blackpool where the cast is made up of male dancers and drag performers.  Housed in a former Odeon Cinema and decorated Art Deco style, Funny Girls is a beautiful bar which I'd say was definitely a place where you get something that little bit different and its definitely a place to celebrate an event.  I couldn't find a video to share online with you but what place could you find a cabaret show with a group of penguins roller-skating across a stage or a group of drag performers with legs to die for and enough sequin and sparkles that would spin Joan Collins into a frenzy.








Something I made earlier


A baking triumph




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week