The Louboutins first day out



Me and my lovely niece at the do
  
I finally got to wear my Louboutins at a family wedding (will post more details later).  I didn't find a green dress to wear with the shoes but I did find a great substitute dress from Dorothy Perkins that was good enough for the day.  But the Louboutins, what can I say about these shoes?

The highs
They have to be the sexiest pair of shoes I have ever worn or owned.  They are incredible high, yet surprisingly comfortable to wear.  For the first time ever, I was the same high as my husband, no mean feat for a short-arse like me!  They give you toe cleavage, which Mr Louboutin thinks is sexy (not everyone feels the same way about that little peek of toe). 

I wore them to church, posed for pictures and danced a tiny bit in them but took them off for the long walk down Blackpool North Pier - walking 1,650 feet down a wooden Victorian Pier is not for the faint-hearted and fashion-conscious. They are an amazing pair of shoes and there's no point in spending a lot of money on a pair of shoes just to keep them shut up in a box, so I will be wearing them again.

The lows
I was already warned, when buying the shoes, that the soles are extremely delicate and would need replacing not too long after first wear.   So these are the results after their first day out, they will need new soles but  that iconic red heel is still intact in all its reddish glory.

I'm planning on replacing them with some from Save Your Sole that will last longer than one night.






Here is the results

After


Save my sole
 

Comments

Pearl Westwood said…
You look fab, they really are such an incredible pair of shoes, swoooon :D

I'd not heard of that paint, I admit Im not keen on the rubbers soles for CL's but the paint is a good idea. Since its only the pad of the foot that wears off it's never bothered me though to be honest.

Since my arthritis got so bad I ended up ebaying all my CL's except for my low tan pair, broke my heart but I figured it was better than breaking my knee lol xx
Heather said…
Very jealous you have Louboutins. ALthough if I ever did get a pair I think I'd be far too worried to wear them out just in case I scuffed them!
Shame the soles will need replacing so quickly.

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week