Start spreading the news . . .

I'm leaving today . . . Well in a couple of months I'll be visiting New York, the city that never sleeps, the home turf of Carrie Bradshaw.

My husband has treated us both to a holiday to New York to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary, I feel so incredibly spoilt and lucky.  I'm not sure if I have ever blogged about this but there have been occasions when I have been that excited for a holiday that I've packed my case nearly three weeks before the event!  However, I am trying to remain calm and am currently writing lists and ideas on what to take for the trip - any suggestions would be great.

My holiday wardrobe has already been a source of concern to my husband who mentioned that I had a lot of shoes but no winter coat.  While it is a reminder to lock up my shoe collection from prying eyes (just kidding), the lack of a current winter coat isn't because I have spending all my money on my shoe obsession, its just that I haven't found that perfect coat yet.  The lack of a winter coat debacle has now been resolved with a navy blue pea coat from Gap for the trip.

Although I'm dreaming of strutting down Park Avenue in my Louboutins in a fancy outfit, realistically to get around New York and see the sights in Spring I have to be practical.  So, these boots from Deichmann are my first new purchase for my capsule wardrobe.  I'm sure they will be perfect for the essential trip up the Empire State Building or viewing the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry.








I'm thinking layers but don't want to live in skinny jeans for the trip so I'm packing some little dresses, jackets and scarves in my case.  These cute over the knee socks from Veneziana are going in my case too, to be either tucked into my boots or paired with a dress and jumper combination.



Right now, I need inspiration to plan my wardrobe for the trip so the current soundtrack to my life is Empire State of Mind and I am off to write more lists.



Comments

Fantastic! I bet you are so excited! x
CameronPoe2409 said…
I am ridiculously excited!x

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week