Booty bag


I am usually quite rubbish when packing a suitcase, my shoes end up wrapped in plastic bags; to prevent damage to my clothes and to keep the shoes together.  This is a far better option than opening the suitcase and finding a random shoe without its other half or realising halfway though the first night of your holiday that you are wearing odd shoes (I know someone who did this but perhaps the numerous cocktails were an additional factor in that fashion catastrophe).  Wrapping your favourite shoes in your local supermarket bags is not the classiest way to complement a neatly packed capsule wardrobe, I mean what would Carrie Bradshaw think!

So before my trip to New York, I thought I would add a little extra style to my packing by making some shoe bags, with the assistance of my lovely mum and some pretty vintage-style material from Grace & Favour, a local store selling fabulous fabric. Designed like an old school sports bag with a separate section for each shoe or boot and a drawstring to close up the bag, my shoes can now can travel in safety and most importantly in pairs.

'Have shoe bags, will travel' is my new motto.


Comments

Debbie Willitts said…
I love this fabric, I bought some from ebay last year but they are nothing compared to these. Am feeling my sewing machine calling me for the next holiday. And of course a visit to Grace and Favour x
Pennyblossoms said…
Hands up for using plastic carrier bags too! Love your fabric bag and have the 2 sides is a really good idea to protect the shoes themselves.
Now I know what to do with all my 'bits' of fabric...mind you, it's just struck me I have one I made when I was at school that I now keep my shoe polish in!
May have to re-instate that one.
Z xx

Popular posts from this blog

Brassed Off (1996)- Danny's speech

My new obsession

Shoe of the week